As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you want to know more about this year’s ATP Tour Finals, make sure to check out these amazing articles!
2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 6 Recap
Novak Djokovic would defeat Alexander Zverev to secure his place in the semifinals, Medvedev would cruise past Schwartzman, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 6 Results
Novak Djokovic vs. Alexander Zverev
In the first singles match of the day, the World No. 1 Novak Djokovic would take on Alexander Zverev for a spot in the semifinals.
In the opening set of their match, Djokovic would come out firing, winning the first three games consecutively before taking the set 6-3.
In the second set, each player would serve well, holding their service games all the way to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, Djokovic would come out on top, 7-4, to take the set 7-6 (7-4) and win the match 6-3, 7-6 (7-4).
Daniil Medvedev vs. Diego Schwartzman
In the last match of the day, Daniil Medvedev, who had already qualified for the semifinals, would take on Diego Schwartzman, who had already been eliminated from the semifinals, in a very low stakes match.
In the opening set of their match, Medvedev would get two breaks of Schwartzman’s serve, in the third and ninth games, to take the set 6-3.
In the second set, he would only need one break, in the fourth game, to take the set 6-3 and win the match 6-3, 6-3.
M.Pavic / B.Soares vs. J.Peers / M.Venus
In the opening set of Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares’ match against John Peers and Michael Venus, each team would break the other’s serve once en route to a tiebreak.
In the tiebreak, Peers and Venus would dominate, winning 7-2, to take the set 7-6 (7-2). But, in the second set, Pavic and Soares would respond by getting a break of their opponents’ serve, in the fourth game, to take the set 6-3.
In the decisive third set tiebreak, Pavic and Soares would come out on top, 10-8, to win the match 6-7 (2-7), 6-3, 10-8.
M.Granollers / H.Zeballos vs. J.Melzer / E.Roger-Vasselin
With the opening set tied at six, in a tiebreak, Marcel Granollers and Horacio Zeballos would retire, giving Jurgen Melzer and Edouard Roger-Vasselin the 6-6 (1-0) victory.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Daniil Medvedev Wins 2020 ATP Tour FinalsDaniil Medvedev would defeat Dominic Thiem to win the 2020 ATP Tour Finals. This would mark his first ATP Tour Finals title and the last time the event would be held at the O2 Arena in London.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Semifinals Recap: Dominic Thiem Wins 300th Career MatchDominic Thiem would win his 300th career match, Daniil Medvedev would defeat Rafael Nadal, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 6 Recap: Djokovic Secures His Place In The SemifinalsNovak Djokovic would defeat Alexander Zverev to secure his place in the semifinals, Medvedev would cruise past Schwartzman, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 5 Recap: Andrey Rublev Upsets World No. 3Andrey Rublev would upset Dominic Thiem, Rafael Nadal would prevail over Stefanos Tsitsipas, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 4 Recap: Medvedev Dominates DjokovicDaniil Medvedev would dominate Novak Djokovic, Alexander Zverev and Diego Schwartzman would play a tight three-setter, and much more at the ATP Tour Finals.