As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you want to know more about this year’s ATP Tour Finals, make sure to check out these amazing articles!
2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 5 Recap
Andrey Rublev would upset Dominic Thiem, Rafael Nadal would prevail over Stefanos Tsitsipas, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 5 Results
Dominic Thiem vs. Andrey Rublev
In the first singles match of the day, Dominic Thiem, the World No. 3, would take on Andrey Rublev, the World No. 8.
In the opening set of their match, Rublev would come out firing, winning the first four games in a row before taking the set 6-2.
In the second set, he would get two breaks of Thiem’s serve, in the third and eleventh games, to take the set 7-5 and win the match 6-2, 7-5.
Rafael Nadal vs. Stefanos Tsitsipas
In the last match of the day, Rafael Nadal, fresh off of a tight match against Dominic Thiem, would take on Stefanos Tsitsipas.
In the first set of their match, down 3-4, Nadal would win three straight games, breaking Tsitsipas’ serve once, to take the set 6-4.
But, in the second set, Tsitsipas would respond by getting a break of Nadal’s serve, in the tenth game, to take the set 6-4 and force at third set.
In the decisive third set, Nadal would takeover, getting three breaks of Tsitsipas’ serve to take the set 6-2 and win the match 6-4, 4-6, 6-2.
W.Koolhof / N.Mektic vs. L.Kubot vs. M.Melo
In the first doubles match of the day, the team of Wesley Koolhof and Nikola Mektic would take on the team of Lukasz Kubot and Marcelo Melo in an electric match.
In the opening set of their match, Kubot and Melo would get one break of their opponents’ serve, in the fifth game, to take the set 6-4.
But, in the second set, each team would manage to break the other’s serve once en route to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, Koolhof and Mektic would prevail, 7-2, to take the set 7-6 (7-2) and force a third set tiebreak.
In the third set tiebreak, Kubot and Melo would come out on top, 10-8, to win the match 6-4, 6-7 (2-7), 10-8.
R.Ram / J.Salisbury vs. K.Krawietz / A.Mies
In the second doubles match of the day, the team of Rajeev Ram and Joe Salisbury would take on the team of Kevin Krawietz and Andreas Mies.
In the opening set of their match, each team would manage to break the other’s serve twice en route to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, the team of Ram and Salisbury would come out on top, 7-5, to take the set 7-6 (7-5).
In the second set, each team would serve well, holding their service games on their way to another tiebreak. In this tiebreak, Krawietz and Mies would prevail, 7-4, to take the set 7-6 (7-4) and force a third set tiebreak.
In the decisive third set tiebreak, Ram and Salisbury would win, 10-4, to take the match 7-6 (7-5), 6-7 (4-7), 10-4.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Daniil Medvedev Wins 2020 ATP Tour FinalsDaniil Medvedev would defeat Dominic Thiem to win the 2020 ATP Tour Finals. This would mark his first ATP Tour Finals title and the last time the event would be held at the O2 Arena in London.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Semifinals Recap: Dominic Thiem Wins 300th Career MatchDominic Thiem would win his 300th career match, Daniil Medvedev would defeat Rafael Nadal, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 6 Recap: Djokovic Secures His Place In The SemifinalsNovak Djokovic would defeat Alexander Zverev to secure his place in the semifinals, Medvedev would cruise past Schwartzman, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 5 Recap: Andrey Rublev Upsets World No. 3Andrey Rublev would upset Dominic Thiem, Rafael Nadal would prevail over Stefanos Tsitsipas, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 4 Recap: Medvedev Dominates DjokovicDaniil Medvedev would dominate Novak Djokovic, Alexander Zverev and Diego Schwartzman would play a tight three-setter, and much more at the ATP Tour Finals.