As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you want to know more about this year’s ATP Tour Finals, make sure to check out these amazing articles!
2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 2 Recap
Novak Djokovic would have his way with Diego Schwartzman, Daniil Medvedev and Alexander Zverev would meet in a rematch of the 2020 Paris Masters Championship, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 2 Results
Novak Djokovic vs. Diego Schwartzman
In the first singles match of the day, the World No. 1 Novak Djokovic would take on the World No. 9 Diego Schwartzman.
In the opening set of their match, Djokovic would get two breaks of Schwartzman’s serve, in the fourth and eighth games, to take the set 6-3.
In the second set, Djokovic would get two more breaks, this time in the first and fifth games, to take the set 6-2 and easily win the match 6-3, 6-2.
Daniil Medvedev vs. Alexander Zverev
In the last match of the day, Daniil Medvedev would take on Alexander Zverev in a rematch of the 2020 Paris Masters Championship.
In the first set of their match, Zverev would struggle on his serve and Medvedev would capitalize by getting two breaks of Zverev’s serve, in the second and sixth games, to take the set 6-3.
In the second set, Medvedev would only need one break of Zverev’s serve, in the seventh game, to take the set 6-4 and win the match 6-3, 6-4.
M.Granollers / H.Zeballos vs. J.Peers / M.Venus
In the first doubles match of the day, the team of Marcel Granollers and Horacio Zeballos would face the team of John Peers and Michael Venus.
In the opening set of their match, each team would hold their service all the way to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, Granollers and Zeballos would dominate, winning 7-2, to take the set 7-6 (7-2).
In the second set, Granollers and Zeballos would get two breaks, in the fourth and twelfth games, to take the set 7-5 and win the match 7-6 (7-2), 7-5.
M.Pavic / B.Soares vs. J.Melzer / E.Roger-Vasselin
In the opening set of Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares’ match against Jurgen Melzer and Edouard Roger-Vasselin, each team would hold their serve all the way to a tiebreak.
In the tiebreak, Melzer and Roger-Vasselin would prevail, 8-6, to take the set 7-6 (8-6). But, in the second set, Pavic and Soares would respond by winning the first five games in a row before taking the set 6-1 to force a third set tiebreak.
In the decisive third set tiebreak, Pavic and Soares would come out on top, 10-4, to win the match 6-7 (6-8), 6-1, 10-4.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Daniil Medvedev Wins 2020 ATP Tour FinalsDaniil Medvedev would defeat Dominic Thiem to win the 2020 ATP Tour Finals. This would mark his first ATP Tour Finals title and the last time the event would be held at the O2 Arena in London.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Semifinals Recap: Dominic Thiem Wins 300th Career MatchDominic Thiem would win his 300th career match, Daniil Medvedev would defeat Rafael Nadal, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 6 Recap: Djokovic Secures His Place In The SemifinalsNovak Djokovic would defeat Alexander Zverev to secure his place in the semifinals, Medvedev would cruise past Schwartzman, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 5 Recap: Andrey Rublev Upsets World No. 3Andrey Rublev would upset Dominic Thiem, Rafael Nadal would prevail over Stefanos Tsitsipas, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 4 Recap: Medvedev Dominates DjokovicDaniil Medvedev would dominate Novak Djokovic, Alexander Zverev and Diego Schwartzman would play a tight three-setter, and much more at the ATP Tour Finals.