As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you missed out on any of the previous days of the 2020 Paris Masters, make sure to check out the articles below!
2020 Paris Masters Championship Recap
Daniil Medvedev would defeat Alexander Zverev to win the 2020 Paris Masters, Felix Auger-Aliassime would pick up his first ATP tour-level title, and much more at the 2020 Paris Masters.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
2020 Paris Masters Championship Results
Alexander Zverev (4) vs. Daniil Medvedev (3)
In the championship match of the 2020 Paris Masters, the fourth-seeded Alexander Zverev would take on the third-seeded Daniil Medvedev.
In the opening set of their match, each player would serve very well, but a break of Medvedev’s serve in the twelfth game would be enough for Zverev to take the set 7-5.
But, in the second set, Medvedev would respond by getting a break of his own, in the ninth game, to take the set 6-4 and force a third set.
In the decisive third set, Medvedev would dominate, winning the first four games consecutively before taking the set 6-1.
With this, Daniil Medvedev would defeat Alexander Zverev 5-7, 6-4, 6-1 to win the 2020 Paris Masters Singles Championship.
F.Aliassime / H.Hurkacz vs. M.Pavic / B.Soares (2)
In the 2020 Paris Masters Doubles Championship, the team of Felix Auger-Aliassime and Hubert Hurkacz would take on the second-seeded team of Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares for the trophy.
In the opening set of their match, neither team would drop a single service game, combining for five holds at love, en route to a tiebreak.
In the tiebreak, Pavic and Soares would dominate, winning 7-3, to take the set 7-6 (7-3). In the second set, each team would once again hold their serve to a tiebreak, combining for three holds at love this time.
In this tiebreak, Auger-Aliassime and Hurkacz would prevail, 9-7, to take the set 7-6 (9-7) and force a third set tiebreak. In the decisive third set tiebreak, Auger-Aliassime and Hurkacz would cruise to a 10-2 victory.
With this, Felix Auger-Aliassime and Hubert Hurkacz would defeat Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares 6-7 (3-7), 7-6 (9-7), 10-2 to win the 2020 Paris Masters Doubles Championship.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Daniil Medvedev Wins 2020 ATP Tour FinalsDaniil Medvedev would defeat Dominic Thiem to win the 2020 ATP Tour Finals. This would mark his first ATP Tour Finals title and the last time the event would be held at the O2 Arena in London.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Semifinals Recap: Dominic Thiem Wins 300th Career MatchDominic Thiem would win his 300th career match, Daniil Medvedev would defeat Rafael Nadal, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 6 Recap: Djokovic Secures His Place In The SemifinalsNovak Djokovic would defeat Alexander Zverev to secure his place in the semifinals, Medvedev would cruise past Schwartzman, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 5 Recap: Andrey Rublev Upsets World No. 3Andrey Rublev would upset Dominic Thiem, Rafael Nadal would prevail over Stefanos Tsitsipas, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 4 Recap: Medvedev Dominates DjokovicDaniil Medvedev would dominate Novak Djokovic, Alexander Zverev and Diego Schwartzman would play a tight three-setter, and much more at the ATP Tour Finals.