As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you missed out on any of the previous days of the 2020 Paris Masters, make sure to check out the articles below!
2020 Paris Masters Semifinals Recap
Alexander Zverev would upset the top-seeded Rafael Nadal to reach the finals, Daniil Medvedev would get the best of Milos Raonic, and much more at the 2020 Paris Masters.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
2020 Paris Masters Semifinals Results
Daniil Medvedev (3) vs. Milos Raonic (10)
In the first semifinals match of the 2020 Paris Masters, the third-seeded Daniil Medvedev would take on the tenth-seeded Milos Raonic.
In the first set of their match, Medvedev would only need one break of Raonic’s serve, in the fifth game, to take the set 6-4.
In the second set, each player would manage to break the other’s serve once en route to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, Medvedev would prevail, 7-4, to take the set 7-6 (7-4) and win the match 6-4, 7-6 (7-4).
Rafael Nadal (1) vs. Alexander Zverev (4)
In the second semifinals match of the day, the fourth-seeded Alexander Zverev would take on the top-seeded Rafael Nadal for a place in the finals.
In the opening set of their match, Zverev would only need one break of Nadal’s serve, in the third game, to take the set 6-4.
In the second set, Zverev would get two breaks of Nadal’s serve, in the third and eleventh games, to take the set 7-5 and win the match 6-4, 7-5.
F.Aliassime / H.Hurkacz vs. L.Kubot / M.Melo (4)
In the first doubles match of the semifinals, Felix Auger-Aliassime and Hubert Hurkacz would take on the fourth-seeded team of Lukasz Kubot and Marcelo Melo.
In the opening set of their match, with the set tied at two, Auger-Aliassime and Hurkacz would win four straight games to take the set 6-2.
But, in the second set, Kubot and Melo would come out firing, winning the first four games in a row before taking the set 6-1 to force a third set tiebreak.
In the third set tiebreak, Auger-Aliassime and Hurkacz would prevail, 10-5, to win the match 6-2, 1-6, 10-5.
J.Melzer / E.Roger-Vasselin (8) vs. M.Pavic / B.Soares (2)
In the last doubles match of the day, the eighth-seeded team of Jurgen Melzer and Edouard Roger-Vasselin would take on the second-seeded team of Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares.
In the opening set of their match, Pavic and Soares would only need one break of their opponents’ serve, in the sixth game, to take the set 6-3.
In the second set, each team would break the other’s serve once en route to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, Pavic and Soares would prevail, 7-4, to take the set 7-6 (7-4) and win the match 6-3, 7-6 (7-4).
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Daniil Medvedev Wins 2020 ATP Tour FinalsDaniil Medvedev would defeat Dominic Thiem to win the 2020 ATP Tour Finals. This would mark his first ATP Tour Finals title and the last time the event would be held at the O2 Arena in London.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Semifinals Recap: Dominic Thiem Wins 300th Career MatchDominic Thiem would win his 300th career match, Daniil Medvedev would defeat Rafael Nadal, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 6 Recap: Djokovic Secures His Place In The SemifinalsNovak Djokovic would defeat Alexander Zverev to secure his place in the semifinals, Medvedev would cruise past Schwartzman, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 5 Recap: Andrey Rublev Upsets World No. 3Andrey Rublev would upset Dominic Thiem, Rafael Nadal would prevail over Stefanos Tsitsipas, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 4 Recap: Medvedev Dominates DjokovicDaniil Medvedev would dominate Novak Djokovic, Alexander Zverev and Diego Schwartzman would play a tight three-setter, and much more at the ATP Tour Finals.