As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you missed out on any of the previous days of the 2020 J&T Banka Ostrava Open, make sure to check out the articles below!
2020 J&T Banka Ostrava Open Quarterfinals Recap
The fourth-seeded Victoria Azarenka would dismiss the seventh-seeded Elise Mertens, American Jennifer Brady would make the semifinals, and much more at the 2020 J&T Banka Ostrava Open.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
2020 J&T Banka Ostrava Open Quarterfinals Results
Maria Sakkari vs. Ons Jabeur
In the opening set of Ons Jabeur’s match against Maria Sakkari, Jabeur would only need one break of Sakkari’s serve, in the sixth game, to take the set 6-3.
But, in the second set, down 1-3, Sakkari would fight back, winning five straight games to take the set 6-3 and force a third set.
In the decisive third set, Sakkari would come out firing, winning the first four games in a row before taking the set 6-1 to win the match 3-6, 6-3, 6-1.
Victoria Azarenka (4) vs. Elise Mertens (7)
In the opening set of the fourth-seeded Victoria Azarenka’s match against the seventh-seeded Elise Mertens, down 2-4, Azarenka would win four straight games to take the set 6-4.
In the second set, with the set tied at one, she would manage to win five straight games to take the set 6-1 and win the match 6-4, 6-1.
Jennifer Brady vs. Veronika Kudermetova (q)
In the opening set of American Jennifer Brady’s match against qualifier Veronika Kudermetova, each player would only need one break of the other’s serve to force a tiebreak.
In the tiebreak, Kudermetova would prevail, 7-5, to take the set 7-6 (7-5). In the second set, Brady would manage to break Kudermetova’s serve twice, in the fifth and ninth games, to take the set 6-3 and force a decisive third set.
In the third set, with the set tied at one, Brady would win five straight games to take the set 6-1 and win the match 6-7 (5-7), 6-3, 6-1.
Sara Sorribes Tormo (q) vs. Aryna Sabalenka (3)
In the opening set of qualifier Sara Sorribes Tormo’s match against the third-seeded Aryna Sabalenka, Tormo would dominate, winning six straight games to take the set 6-0.
But, in the second set, down 0-4, Sabalenka would respond by winning six straight games, one at love, to take the set 6-4 and force a third set.
In the decisive third set, Sabalenka would takeover, winning six straight games to take the set 6-0 and win the match 0-6, 6-4, 6-0.
K.Flipkens / D.Schuurs (4) vs. N.Kichenok / M.Niculescu
In the only doubles match of the day, a quarterfinals match, the fourth-seeded team of Kirsten Flipkens and Demi Schuurs would take on the team of Nadiya Kichenok and Monica Niculescu.
In the opening set of their match, Flipkens and Schuurs would get an impressive four breaks of their opponents’ serve to take the set 6-4.
In the second set, each team would manage to break the other’s serve three times en route to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, Flipkens and Schuurs would come out on top, 7-3, to take the set 7-6 (7-3) and win the match 6-4, 7-6 (7-3).
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official Twitter page.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Daniil Medvedev Wins 2020 ATP Tour FinalsDaniil Medvedev would defeat Dominic Thiem to win the 2020 ATP Tour Finals. This would mark his first ATP Tour Finals title and the last time the event would be held at the O2 Arena in London.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Semifinals Recap: Dominic Thiem Wins 300th Career MatchDominic Thiem would win his 300th career match, Daniil Medvedev would defeat Rafael Nadal, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 6 Recap: Djokovic Secures His Place In The SemifinalsNovak Djokovic would defeat Alexander Zverev to secure his place in the semifinals, Medvedev would cruise past Schwartzman, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 5 Recap: Andrey Rublev Upsets World No. 3Andrey Rublev would upset Dominic Thiem, Rafael Nadal would prevail over Stefanos Tsitsipas, and much more at the 2020 ATP Tour Finals.
- 2020 ATP Tour Finals Day 4 Recap: Medvedev Dominates DjokovicDaniil Medvedev would dominate Novak Djokovic, Alexander Zverev and Diego Schwartzman would play a tight three-setter, and much more at the ATP Tour Finals.