As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you missed out on any of the previous days of the 2020 French Open, make sure to check out the articles below!
French Open ATP Singles Championship Recap
In a surprising, yet not an unexpected result, Rafael Nadal would dominate the World No. 1 Novak Djokovic to win his 13th French Open Championship.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
French Open ATP Singles Championship Results
Novak Djokovic (1) vs. Rafael Nadal (2)
In the 2020 French Open Men’s Singles Championship, we would see the 12-time champion Rafael Nadal take on the World No. 1 Novak Djokovic.
Although the score wasn’t very reflective of the level of play in the opening set of their match, Rafael Nadal would take the set easily.
In the first two games, Nadal would break Djokovic’s serve and hold his own in a pair of deuce exchanges to take an early 2-0 lead.
And, despite Djokovic’s best efforts to get himself back into the set, Nadal would win the next four games consecutively to take the set 6-0.
This was the first time that the first set of a grand slam men’s singles final has been won 6-0 since the 2006 Wimbledon final when Federer did it to Nadal.
In the second set, Djokovic would get tested in his first service game, but would hold strong and take a 1-0 lead. Nevertheless, Nadal would takeover, winning five straight games to take a commanding 5-1 lead.
From there, each player would hold their serve once more and Nadal would take the set 6-2 and an authoritative two-set lead.
In the third set, each player would play well through ten games, managing to break the other’s serve once to 5-5. But, in the eleventh game Nadal would break Djokovic’s serve to gain a chance to serve for the match at 6-5.
In the twelfth game, Nadal would dominate, not dropping a single game and sealing it with an ace for his 13th French Open title.
With this, Rafael Nadal would defeat Novak Djokovic 6-0, 6-2, 7-5 to win the 2020 French Open Men’s Singles Championship.
Rafael Nadal now has 13 French Open titles, 20 Grand Slam titles, 100 career wins at the French Open, and a legacy nobody will forget.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- 2020 Vienna Open Day 3 Recap: Pospisil Defeats Auger-Aliassime In All-Canadian BattleVasek Pospisil would triumph over fellow Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime, Tsitsipas would survive a test from Struff, and much more at the 2020 Vienna Open.
- 2020 Vienna Open Day 2 Recap: Djokovic & Thiem Win In Straight SetsNovak Djokovic and Dominic Thiem would advance in straight sets, Dimitrov would get the best of Khachanov, and much more at the 2020 Vienna Open.
- 2020 Vienna Open Day 1 Recap: Rublev Rolls Qualifier, Monfils Retires, & MoreThe fifth-seeded Andrey Rublev would cruise past qualifier Norbert Gombos, Gael Monfils would be forced to retire due to injury, and much more at the 2020 Vienna Open.
- Ugo Humbert Claims 2020 European Open ChampionshipUgo Humbert would outperform Alex de Minaur to win the 2020 European Open, John Peers and Michael Venus would claim the doubles championship, and much more at the 2020 European Open.
- Aryna Sabalenka Wins 2020 J&T Banka Ostrava OpenBelarusian Aryna Sabalenka would complete an impressive feat by taking home the singles and doubles championship at the 2020 J&T Banka Ostrava Open.