As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you missed out on any of the previous days of the 2020 French Open, make sure to check out the articles below!
French Open WTA Day 11 Recap
Sofia Kenin would defeat American compatriot Danielle Collins, Petra Kvitova would get the best of Laura Siegemund, and much more at the 2020 French Open.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
French Open WTA Day 11 Results
Petra Kvitova (7) vs. Laura Siegemund
In the opening set of the seventh-seeded Petra Kvitova’s match against Laura Siegemund, Kvitova would only need one break of Siegemund’s serve, in the fourth game, to take the set 6-3.
In the second set, Kvitova would manage to get four breaks, while only being broken twice, to take the set 6-3 and win the match 6-3, 6-3.
Danielle Collins vs. Sofia Kenin (4)
In the opening set of American Sofia Kenin’s match against compatriot Danielle Collins, Kenin would only need one break, in the fifth game, to take the set 6-4.
In the second set, Collins would respond by getting two breaks to take the set 6-4 and force a decisive third set. In the third set, Kenin would takeover, winning six straight games to win the match 6-4, 4-6, 6-0.
A.Guarachi / D.Krawczyk (14) vs. S.Aoyama / E.Shibahara (7)
In the first doubles match of the day, the fourteenth-seeded team of Alexa Guarachi and Desirae Krawczyk would get a huge upset over the team of Shuko Aoyama and Ena Shibahara.
In the opening set of their match, Guarachi and Krawczyk would dominate, winning six straight games to take the set 6-0. In the second set, they would only need two breaks of their opponents’ serve to take the set 6-4 and win the match 6-0, 6-4.
A.Muhammad / J.Pegula vs. N.Melichar / I.Swiatek
In their match against Asia Muhammad and Jessica Pegula, Nicole Melichar and Iga Swiatek would break their opponents’ serve twice to take the opening set 6-3.
In the second set, they would only need one break, in the third game, to take the set 6-4 and win the match 6-3, 6-4.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- 2020 Vienna Open Day 3 Recap: Pospisil Defeats Auger-Aliassime In All-Canadian BattleVasek Pospisil would triumph over fellow Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime, Tsitsipas would survive a test from Struff, and much more at the 2020 Vienna Open.
- 2020 Vienna Open Day 2 Recap: Djokovic & Thiem Win In Straight SetsNovak Djokovic and Dominic Thiem would advance in straight sets, Dimitrov would get the best of Khachanov, and much more at the 2020 Vienna Open.
- 2020 Vienna Open Day 1 Recap: Rublev Rolls Qualifier, Monfils Retires, & MoreThe fifth-seeded Andrey Rublev would cruise past qualifier Norbert Gombos, Gael Monfils would be forced to retire due to injury, and much more at the 2020 Vienna Open.
- Ugo Humbert Claims 2020 European Open ChampionshipUgo Humbert would outperform Alex de Minaur to win the 2020 European Open, John Peers and Michael Venus would claim the doubles championship, and much more at the 2020 European Open.
- Aryna Sabalenka Wins 2020 J&T Banka Ostrava OpenBelarusian Aryna Sabalenka would complete an impressive feat by taking home the singles and doubles championship at the 2020 J&T Banka Ostrava Open.