As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you missed out on any of the previous days of the US Open, or just want to read in-depth content, check out the articles below!
2020 US Open Women’s Singles Semifinals Recap
Naomi Osaka would battle past American Jennifer Brady, Victoria Azarenka would halt Serena Williams’ milestone chase, and much more at the US Open.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
2020 US Open Women’s Singles Semifinals Results
Jennifer Brady (28) vs. Naomi Osaka (4)
Experience would prove vital in the fourth-seeded Naomi Osaka’s match against American Jennifer Brady. In the opening set of their match, both players would look great on serve, and neither would drop a service game all the way to a tiebreak.
In the tiebreak, Osaka would dominate, winning 7-1, to take the set 7-6 (7-1). In the second set, with the set tied at three, Brady would win three games in a row, one on Osaka’s serve, to take the set 6-3.
In the decisive third set, Osaka would only need one break of Brady’s serve to take an early 4-1 lead. From there, she would only need to hold her serve twice more to take the set 6-3 and the match 7-6 (7-1), 3-6, 6-3.
With this win, Osaka would advance to the 2020 US Open Women’s Singles Championship.
Serena Williams (3) vs. Victoria Azarenka
Serena Williams would take no prisoners in the opening set of her match against the scorching hot Victoria Azarenka. In the opening set, Williams would win the first four games of the set in a row.
From there, she would win two out of the next three games, one on Azarenka’s serve, to take the set 6-1. After her impressive first set performance, Williams would slow down in the second, getting broken in the fifth game.
Following this, Azarenka would only need one more break of Williams’ serve to take the second set 6-3 and force a winner-takes-all third set.
In the third set, Azarenka would continue to play well, winning the first three games in a row to take a commanding 3-0 lead.
Azarenka would ride that early lead to a 6-3 set victory and a 1-6, 6-3, 6-3 match victory. With this win, Victoria Azarenka would advance to the 2020 US Open Women’s Singles Championship.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Hamburg Open Day 2: Khachanov Outlasts Struff, Hanfmann Upsets Monfils, & MoreKaren Khachanov would outlast a strong Jan-Lennard Struff, Yannick Hanfmann would upset Gael Monfils, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Hamburg Open Day 1: Qualifiers DominateQualifiers would have their way in singles and doubles, fifth-seeded Andrey Rublev would move on, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Novak Djokovic Wins Record 36th Masters 1000 Trophy, 2020 Italian Open ChampionshipNovak Djokovic would defeat Diego Schwartzman in a tight contest to win the 2020 Italian Open Men’s Singles Championship.
- Simona Halep Wins 2020 Italian OpenSimona Halep, due to an impressive performance and an injured opponent, would win the 2020 Italian Open Women’s Singles Championship.
- WTA Italian Open Semifinals: No. 1 & No. 2 Into FinalsSimona Halep and Karolina Pliskova would secure a final between the top-two tournament players, the top-seeded doubles team would dominate, and much more at the Italian Open.