As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you missed out on any of the previous days of the US Open, or just want to read in-depth content, check out the articles below!
US Open ATP Day 9 Recap
Alexander Zverev would defeat Borna Coric to make his second straight Grand Slam semifinal, the night match would be a thriller, and much more at the US Open.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
US Open ATP Day 9 Results
Borna Coric (27) vs. Alexander Zverev (5)
Borna Coric would dominate the fifth-seeded Alexander Zverev in the opening set of their match. With the set tied at one, Coric would win five straight games to take the set 6-1.
In the second set, each player would manage to get one break of the other’s serve en route to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, Zverev would prevail, 7-5, to take the set 7-6 (7-5).
In the third set, each player would once again get a single break of serve on their way to another tiebreak. In this tiebreak, Zverev would dominate, winning the tiebreak 7-1, to take the set 7-6 (7-1).
In the fourth set, Zverev would take his place in the semifinals by taking the set 6-3 to win the match 1-6, 7-6 (7-5), 7-6 (7-1), 6-3.
Pablo Carreno Busta (20) vs. Denis Shapovalov (12)
In the first set of Denis Shapovalov’s match against Pablo Carreno Busta, Shapovalov would get two breaks of Carreno Busta’s serve to take the set 6-3.
In the second set, each player would look sharp, managing to break the other’s serve twice en route to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, the Spaniard Carreno Busta would prevail, 7-5, to take the set 7-6 (7-5).
In the third set, each player would break the other’s serve once en route to another tiebreak. In this tiebreak, Carreno Busta would prevail again, 7-4, to take the set 7-6 (7-4).
In the fourth set, Shapovalov would respond in a big way by winning six straight games to take the set 6-0 and force a decisive fifth set. In the fifth set, Carreno Busta would get one break of Shapovalov’s serve to take the set 6-3 and the match 3-6, 7-6 (7-5), 7-6 (7-4), 0-6, 6-3.
R.Ram / J.Salisbury (3) vs. W.Koolhof / N.Mektic (8)
The eighth-seeded doubles team of Wesley Koolhof and Nikola Mektic would get a huge upset today over the third-seeded team of Rajeev Ram and Joe Salisbury.
In the opening set, each team would break the other’s serve once on their way to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, Koolhof and Mektic would win, 7-3, to take the set 7-6 (7-3).
In the second set, Koolhof and Mektic would get one break of their opponents’ serve to take the set 6-4 and the match 7-6 (7-3), 6-4.
J.Rojer / H.Tecau vs. M.Pavic / B.Soares
The doubles team of Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares would pull out a tight straight-sets victory over the team of Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau today.
In the opening set, Pavic and Soares would only need one break of their opponents’ serve to take the set 6-4. In the second set, down 3-5, they would win four consecutive games to take the set 7-5 and the match 6-4, 7-5.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Hamburg Open Rd. of 16: Lucky Loser Bublik Defeats Auger-AliassimeLucky loser Alexander Bublik would upset Felix Auger-Aliassime, Tsitsipas would move on, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Hamburg Open Day 2: Khachanov Outlasts Struff, Hanfmann Upsets Monfils, & MoreKaren Khachanov would outlast a strong Jan-Lennard Struff, Yannick Hanfmann would upset Gael Monfils, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Hamburg Open Day 1: Qualifiers DominateQualifiers would have their way in singles and doubles, fifth-seeded Andrey Rublev would move on, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Novak Djokovic Wins Record 36th Masters 1000 Trophy, 2020 Italian Open ChampionshipNovak Djokovic would defeat Diego Schwartzman in a tight contest to win the 2020 Italian Open Men’s Singles Championship.
- Simona Halep Wins 2020 Italian OpenSimona Halep, due to an impressive performance and an injured opponent, would win the 2020 Italian Open Women’s Singles Championship.