As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you would like to read more about the 31st Palermo Ladies Open, make sure to check out the other articles below!
31st Palermo Ladies Open Semifinals Recap
Anett Kontaveit and Fiona Ferro would reach the championship of the first WTA tournament since the shutdown, two Italians would fight for a spot in the doubles championship, and much more.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
31st Palermo Ladies Open Semifinals Results
Petra Martic (1) vs. Anett Kontaveit (4)
In the first semifinals match of the 31st Palermo Ladies Open, Anett Kontaveit would get out to a quick 4-1 start against the top seeded Petra Martic. Kontaveit would close out the set 6-2 to take a one set lead.
In the following set, Kontaveit would gain yet another 4-1 lead. However, this time Martic would fight back and bring the score all the way back to 4-5.
But, Anett Kontaveit would close out the match at 6-4 to win the match 6-2, 6-4 and book her place in the championship.
Fiona Ferro vs. Camila Giorgi
In her match against Fiona Ferro, Camila Giorgi came out on a mission to go to the first WTA championship match since the tour shutdown.
Giorgi would win five games in a row, breaking Ferro’s serve twice, before eventually taking the opening set 6-2. In the second set, Ferro would respond and break Giorgi three times en route to a 6-2 set victory.
In the decisive third set, to see who would take on Kontaveit in the championship, Fiona Ferro would come out on top 7-5 to win the match 2-6, 6-2, 7-5.
E.Cocciaretto / M.Trevisan vs. B.Schoofs / R.Hoek (4)
In the second doubles semifinals match, with the first being played yesterday, Italians Elisabetta Cocciaretto and Martina Trevisan would battle Bibiane Schoofs and Rosalie van der Hoek.
In the opening set, Cocciaretto and Trevisan would break Schoofs and Hoek three times, while only being broken twice, to win 6-4 and gain a one set lead.
In the second set, Cocciaretto and Trevisan would defeat Schoofs and Hoek 6-3 to win the match 6-4, 6-3 and move on to the championship.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Hamburg Open Day 2: Khachanov Outlasts Struff, Hanfmann Upsets Monfils, & MoreKaren Khachanov would outlast a strong Jan-Lennard Struff, Yannick Hanfmann would upset Gael Monfils, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Hamburg Open Day 1: Qualifiers DominateQualifiers would have their way in singles and doubles, fifth-seeded Andrey Rublev would move on, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Novak Djokovic Wins Record 36th Masters 1000 Trophy, 2020 Italian Open ChampionshipNovak Djokovic would defeat Diego Schwartzman in a tight contest to win the 2020 Italian Open Men’s Singles Championship.
- Simona Halep Wins 2020 Italian OpenSimona Halep, due to an impressive performance and an injured opponent, would win the 2020 Italian Open Women’s Singles Championship.
- WTA Italian Open Semifinals: No. 1 & No. 2 Into FinalsSimona Halep and Karolina Pliskova would secure a final between the top-two tournament players, the top-seeded doubles team would dominate, and much more at the Italian Open.