As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you missed out on any of the second Ultimate Tennis Showdown, you can check out any of the recaps below!
If you missed out on any of the first Ultimate Tennis Showdown, you can check out any of the recaps below!
UTS 2 Day 2 Recap
On Day 2 of the second edition of Ultimate Tennis Showdown, Dustin Brown would get a magical win, Dimitrov would fall short once again, and much more.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and stay connected with The Tennis Advocate.
UTS 2 Day 2 Results
Corentin Moutet vs. Dustin Brown
If Day 1 of Ultimate Tennis Showdown 2 wasn’t amazing enough, Day 2 would start out with a match between Corentin Moutet and Dustin Brown that would go the distance.
In the first two quarters, Brown and Moutet would go back-and-forth, with Brown taking the first quarter, 18-12, and Moutet would take the second quarter, 17-13.
In the third quarter, Moutet would escape with a close quarter, 14-13, to put the pressure on Dustin Brown. In the fourth quarter, Brown would battle back and win 19-9 to force a decisive fifth quarter.
In the sudden death fifth quarter, Brown would come out on top with an amazing victory, 3-1, to win the match 18-12, 13-17, 13-14, 19-9, 3-1.
Grigor Dimitrov vs. Feliciano Lopez
The second match of the day would be much like the first, with Grigor Dimitrov and Feliciano Lopez going the distance.
In the first quarter, Lopez would get out to a fast start by defeating Dimitrov 17-10. In the next two quarters, Dimitrov would make a statement by winning both quarters, 15-14 and 16-12.
In a must win fourth quarter, Lopez would deliver, winning the quarter 16-12. The sudden death fifth quarter would see Lopez winning 2-0, to win the match 17-10, 14-15, 12-16, 16-12, 2-0.
Richard Gasquet vs. Alexei Popyrin
In a match between Richard “The Virtuoso” Gasquet and Alexei “The Sniper” Popyrin, it would be the consummate pro, Gasquet getting off to a fast start.
In the first two quarters, Gasquet would defeat Popyrin, 15-13 and 19-9. In the third quarter, Popyrin would get on the board by winning 16-12.
But, in the fourth quarter, Gasquet would finish off Popyrin by winning 13-10, to take the match 15-13, 19-9, 12-16, 13-10.
Benoit Paire vs. Fernando Verdasco
In the last match of the day, Fernando Verdasco would get out to a good start against Benoit Paire by defeating him 17-13 in the first quarter.
In the second quarter, Verdasco would take a commanding two quarter lead by defeating Paire 19-11. Verdasco would put the match out of reach for Paire in the third quarter by winning 17-14 to secure the match.
In the inconsequential fourth quarter, Paire would win 20-12, but Verdasco would take the match 17-13, 19-11, 17-14, 12-20.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Fiona Ferro Wins 31st Palermo Ladies OpenFiona Ferro would win her second WTA tour-level championship, the hometown doubles team would fall short, and some amazing tennis happened on championship day of the 31st Palermo Ladies Open.
- 31st Palermo Ladies Open Semifinals RecapAnett Kontaveit and Fiona Ferro would reach the championship of the first WTA tournament since the shutdown, two Italians would fight for a spot in the doubles championship, and much more.
- 31st Palermo Ladies Open Quarterfinals RecapAliaksandra Sasnovich would test the top seed, Arantxa Rus and Tamara Zidansek would take their spot in the finals, and much more.
- 31st Palermo Ladies Open Day 4 RecapThe top seed would move on to the quarterfinals, Elisabetta Cocciaretto and Martina Trevisan would move on to the semifinals in doubles, and much more.
- 31st Palermo Ladies Open Day 3 RecapSara Errani would win a three-set match, the qualifier, Aliaksandra Sasnovich, would move on to the quarterfinals, and much more.