As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
If you missed out on the Quarterfinals Recap, make sure to check it out below!
Bett1 Aces Semifinals Recap
Four amazing matches from eight great players is never a bad thing. The semifinals for the Bett1 Aces Tennis Exhibition was an exciting one.
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament.
Bett1 Aces Semifinals Results
Roberto Bautista Agut vs. Matteo Berrettini
In the first semifinals match, Roberto Bautista Agut and Matteo Berrettini would each hold their serve all the way through the sixth game.
In the seventh game, Bautista Agut would break Berrettini to go up 4-3 and each player would hold serve the rest of the way through the set as Bautista Agut took it 6-4.
The second set would follow a very similar path, with each player holding their serve through seven games. But, in the eighth game, it would be Berrettini getting the break and eventually taking the set 6-3.
In the decisive third set tiebreak, Matteo Berrettini would get the better of Roberto Bautista Agut, 10-6, to move on to the championship.
Dominic Thiem vs. Jannik Sinner
Both Dominic Thiem and Jannik Sinner would hold their serves well during the first set of this match, but a break of Sinner’s serve in the fourth game was all Thiem needed to take the set 6-3.
In the second set, neither would drop their serve all the way to a tiebreak, that Thiem would win 7-5 to take the match 6-3, 7-6 (7-5).
Elina Svitolina vs. Anastasija Sevastova
In the first set, Elina Svitolina got out to a quick 4-1 lead against Anastasija Sevastova in the first set of the match. But, Sevastova would battle back to bring the match to 4-all.
In the eventual tiebreak, Svitolina would win 7-2 to take the set 7-6 (7-2). In the second set, Svitolina would cruise to a 6-3 victory to win the match 7-6 (7-2), 6-3.
Petra Kvitova vs. Kiki Bertens
Petra Kvitova came out hot against Kiki Bertens, taking the first three games to snag a 3-0 lead. From there, each player would hold their serve games and Kvitova would take the set 6-3.
In the second set, Bertens would jump out to a 2-0 lead by breaking Kvitova’s serve in the second game. But, Kvitova would win the next six games in a row to take the set 6-2 and the match 6-3, 6-2.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Hamburg Open Rd. of 16: Lucky Loser Bublik Defeats Auger-AliassimeLucky loser Alexander Bublik would upset Felix Auger-Aliassime, Tsitsipas would move on, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Hamburg Open Day 2: Khachanov Outlasts Struff, Hanfmann Upsets Monfils, & MoreKaren Khachanov would outlast a strong Jan-Lennard Struff, Yannick Hanfmann would upset Gael Monfils, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Hamburg Open Day 1: Qualifiers DominateQualifiers would have their way in singles and doubles, fifth-seeded Andrey Rublev would move on, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Novak Djokovic Wins Record 36th Masters 1000 Trophy, 2020 Italian Open ChampionshipNovak Djokovic would defeat Diego Schwartzman in a tight contest to win the 2020 Italian Open Men’s Singles Championship.
- Simona Halep Wins 2020 Italian OpenSimona Halep, due to an impressive performance and an injured opponent, would win the 2020 Italian Open Women’s Singles Championship.