If you missed out on the Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, or Day 8 Recaps, make sure to check out the articles below and then come back and read this one!
Here are the standings heading into Day 9 of the Ultimate Tennis Showdown:
UTS Day 9 Recap
The last day of regular play for the Ultimate Tennis Showdown was a sad one for many viewers. But, we have plenty to look forward to tomorrow!
Make sure to check out the results below and read all the way to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament and the schedule of play for tomorrow.
UTS Day 9 Results
Corentin Moutet vs. Holger Rune
In the first match of the day, Corentin Moutet got the best of Holger Rune early. Moutet would win the first two quarters, 13-12, 17-12, to take a quick 2-0 lead.
But, Holger Rune would fight back and win the next two quarters in commanding fashion, 20-8 and 15-7 to tie the match at two quarters apiece.
In the fifth quarter tiebreak, Moutet would rain victorious 3-2 to win the match 13-12, 17-12, 8-20, 7-15, 3-2.
Alexei Popyrin vs. Dustin Brown
In the second match of the day, we got to see another very exciting match. Dustin Brown would jump out to a quick start against Alexei Popyrin by taking the first quarter 21-10.
In the second and third quarters, Popyrin would battle back and win 19-13 and 17-15 to take a 2-1 quarter lead. With his back against the wall, Brown would deliver in the fourth quarter by winning 18-11 to force a fifth quarter.
In the fifth quarter, Brown would come out on top 4-2 to win the match 21-10, 13-19, 15-17, 18-11, 4-2.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs. David Goffin
The one-seeded Stefanos Tsitsipas would have his way with the four-seeded David Goffin during the last day of regular play for the Ultimate Tennis Showdown.
In dominate fashion, Tsitsipas would defeat Goffin in four straight quarters, 18-12, 16-13, 14-11, 22-11.
Richard Gasquet vs. Benoit Paire
In the all French matchup, Richard Gasquet would make a statement against Benoit Paire in the first quarter by winning 19-9.
Still, Paire won the second quarter 17-13, but Gasquet would take a 2-1 quarter lead by winning the third quarter 18-13. In the fourth quarter, Gasquet would finish off the match by winning 19-10.
With this, Richard Gasquet would win the match 19-9, 13-17, 18-13, 19-10.
Feliciano Lopez vs. Elliot Benchetrit
In the last match of regular play for the Ultimate Tennis Showdown, Feliciano Lopez took down Elliot Benchetrit easily. In the first two quarters, Lopez would defeat Benchetrit 16-13 and 14-11.
Lopez would go on to win the next quarter 14-13 and lose the fourth quarter 11-16 to win the match 16-13, 14-11, 14-13, 11-16.
Don’t forget to check back in tomorrow for the Final Four Showdown & the Championship match. Here is the schedule for tomorrow:
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Hamburg Open Day 2: Khachanov Outlasts Struff, Hanfmann Upsets Monfils, & MoreKaren Khachanov would outlast a strong Jan-Lennard Struff, Yannick Hanfmann would upset Gael Monfils, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Hamburg Open Day 1: Qualifiers DominateQualifiers would have their way in singles and doubles, fifth-seeded Andrey Rublev would move on, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Novak Djokovic Wins Record 36th Masters 1000 Trophy, 2020 Italian Open ChampionshipNovak Djokovic would defeat Diego Schwartzman in a tight contest to win the 2020 Italian Open Men’s Singles Championship.
- Simona Halep Wins 2020 Italian OpenSimona Halep, due to an impressive performance and an injured opponent, would win the 2020 Italian Open Women’s Singles Championship.
- WTA Italian Open Semifinals: No. 1 & No. 2 Into FinalsSimona Halep and Karolina Pliskova would secure a final between the top-two tournament players, the top-seeded doubles team would dominate, and much more at the Italian Open.