As the founder of The Tennis Advocate, Isaiah believes in promoting tennis news, improvement, and opinions around the world. He lives by the motto “how you do anything is how you do everything” and wants to thank everyone who supports The Tennis Advocate.
THIEMS7 Day 3 Recap
Day 3 of the THIEMS7 Tennis Tournament saw the final semifinalists qualify, a quality match between Andrey Rublev and Casper Ruud, and some more amazing tennis.
Make sure to check out the results below & read to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament.
THIEMS7 Day 3 Results
Andrey Rublev vs. Casper Ruud
In one of the better matches of the tournament so far, Andrey Rublev got the better of Casper Ruud in the first set 6-2. In the second set, Ruud fought back and would win the set 6-3 to tie the match at one set apiece.
In the deciding tiebreak set, Rublev would be victorious 10-4 to win the match 6-2, 3-6, 10-4.
Dominic Thiem vs. Jan-Lennard Struff
Both Dominic Thiem and Jan-Lennard Struff would hold their serves through nine games in the first set, but in the tenth game, Thiem would break Struff to win the set 6-4.
In the second set, both players would perform well on their serves again and it would eventually lead to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, Thiem would win 7-3 to win the match 6-4, 7-6 (7-3).
Roberto Bautista Agut vs. Dennis Novak
Roberto Bautista Agut wasted no time dispatching Dennis Novak on Thursday. Bautista Agut would come out firing, winning the first set 6-0.
In the second set, Novak managed to win one game, but that wouldn’t be enough as Agut would win the set 6-1 and the match 6-0, 6-1.
Matteo Berrettini vs. Karen Khachanov
After breaking Matteo Berrettini to start the match, the first set looked like Karen Khachanov’s for the taking. But, after each held their serve for several games, Berrettini would break Khachanov in the tenth game before eventually forcing a tiebreak.
In the tiebreak, Khachanov would fight back and win a tight contest, 8-6, to take the first set 7-6 (8-6).
In the second set, each player held their serve until the tenth game when Khachanov broke Berrettini to win the set 6-4 and the match 7-6 (8-6), 6-4.
To find out more about the tournament, make sure to check out their official website!
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- WTA Italian Open Semifinals: No. 1 & No. 2 Into FinalsSimona Halep and Karolina Pliskova would secure a final between the top-two tournament players, the top-seeded doubles team would dominate, and much more at the Italian Open.
- Novak Djokovic & Diego Schwartzman To Battle For 2020 Italian Open TitleNovak Djokovic and Diego Schwartzman would battle past tough opponents, the doubles championship would go the distance, and much more at the Italian Open.
- WTA Italian Open Quarterfinals: Pliskova Continues Title DefenseKarolina Pliskova would continue her title defense, Marketa Vondrousova would upset Elina Svitolina, and much more at the Italian Open.
- ATP Italian Open Quarterfinals: Schwartzman Upsets NadalDiego Schwartzman upsets Rafael Nadal to reach the semifinals, Denis Shapovalov gets his 100th tour-level win, and much more at the Italian Open.
- WTA Italian Open Rd. of 16: Putintseva Upsets Rybakina, Halep Into Quarterfinals, & MoreYulia Putintseva would upset the tenth-seeded Elena Rybakina, Simona Halep would move on to the quarterfinals, and much more at the Italian Open.