If you missed out on the Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, or Day 7 Recaps, make sure to check out the articles below and then come back and read this one!
Here are the standings heading into Day 8 of the Ultimate Tennis Showdown:
UTS Day 8 Recap
Day 8 of the Ultimate Tennis Showdown saw more players qualify for the semifinals, another comeback victory for Stefanos Tsitsipas, and much more.
Make sure to check out the results below and read to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the tournament live.
UTS Day 8 Results
Elliot Benchetrit vs. Dustin Brown
In a must win match, Elliot Benchetrit showed why we should never count out “The Underdog”. In the first two quarters, Benchetrit defeated Dustin Brown 17-11 and 18-7.
In the third quarter, Brown fought back and won 15-12 to keep his match hopes alive. But, in the fourth quarter, Benchetrit would defeat Brown 17-12 to win the match 17-11, 18-7, 12-15, 17-12.
Stefanos Tsitsipas vs. Corentin Moutet
Talk about an upset, Corentin Moutet got out to a fast start against Stefanos Tsitsipas, and won the first two quarters of their match 16-10 and 13-11.
But, just like his match against Matteo Berrettini yesterday, Tsitsipas fought back and won the next two quarters 15-11 and 19-5 to force a fifth quarter.
In the fifth quarter, Tsitsipas would complete the comeback by winning 3-1 to win the match 10-16, 11-13, 15-11, 19-5, 3-1.
Matteo Berrettini vs. Alexei Popyrin
After suffering a disappointing loss last night to Stefanos Tsitsipas, Matteo Berrettini bounced back in a big way today against Alexei Popyrin.
Berrettini would defeat Popyrin all four quarters and win the match 14-12, 17-9, 19-10, 14-11.
Feliciano Lopez vs. Richard Gasquet
In an important match for Richard Gasquet, Gasquet looked ready to play against Feliciano Lopez. Gasquet would win the first quarter 18-10 to take an early lead.
Still, Lopez would fight back in the second quarter and win 16-8. Gasquet would fight back in the third quarter and win 16-13 to take a 2-1 quarter lead.
In the fourth quarter, Lopez would win 17-12 to force a decisive fifth quarter. In the decisive fifth quarter, Gasquet would defeat Lopez 2-0 to win the match 18-10, 8-16, 16-13, 12-17, 2-0.
Benoit Paire vs. David Goffin
In the last match of the day, David Goffin had much more to play for than Benoit Paire, but both were ready to battle.
Paire would take the first quarter 15-13 in surprising fashion. However, Goffin would go on to win the next two quarters 20-8 and 16-12.
In the fourth quarter, Goffin and Paire would go back-and-forth. But, in the end, Goffin would come out on top, 15-14, to win the match 13-15, 20-8, 16-12, 15-14.
The Final Four Showdown is now set with Stefanos Tsitsipas, Matteo Berrettini, Richard Gasquet, and David Goffin.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 200 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- Hamburg Open Day 2: Khachanov Outlasts Struff, Hanfmann Upsets Monfils, & MoreKaren Khachanov would outlast a strong Jan-Lennard Struff, Yannick Hanfmann would upset Gael Monfils, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Hamburg Open Day 1: Qualifiers DominateQualifiers would have their way in singles and doubles, fifth-seeded Andrey Rublev would move on, and much more at the Hamburg Open.
- Novak Djokovic Wins Record 36th Masters 1000 Trophy, 2020 Italian Open ChampionshipNovak Djokovic would defeat Diego Schwartzman in a tight contest to win the 2020 Italian Open Men’s Singles Championship.
- Simona Halep Wins 2020 Italian OpenSimona Halep, due to an impressive performance and an injured opponent, would win the 2020 Italian Open Women’s Singles Championship.
- WTA Italian Open Semifinals: No. 1 & No. 2 Into FinalsSimona Halep and Karolina Pliskova would secure a final between the top-two tournament players, the top-seeded doubles team would dominate, and much more at the Italian Open.