If you didn’t get a chance to read the Day 1 Recap for the Altec Styslinger Tennis Exhibition, make sure to check it out below!
Altec Styslinger Exhibition Semifinals Recap
The semifinals of the Altec Styslinger Tennis Exhibition saw some great three-set matches, a commanding performance from Mackenzie McDonald, and much more.
Make sure to check out the results below and read to the bottom to find out how to keep up with the latest from the tournament!
Altec Styslinger Exhibition Semifinals Results
Brandon Nakashima vs. Tennys Sandgren
In the first set of this semifinal match, it would be the 18-year-old American, Brandon Nakashima, defeating Tennys Sandgren 4-3 (7-3).
In the second set, Sandgren would come out on the offensive, taking the first game by breaking Nakashima’s serve and then holding his own to go up 2-0.
One more break of Nakashima’s serve, in the fifth game, would be enough for Sandgren to level the match at one set apiece.
In the end, it would be the seasoned veteran, Sandgren, getting the victory 3-4 (3-7), 4-1, 4-3 (7-3).
Sam Querrey vs. Reilly Opelka
In the first set of his match against Reilly Opelka, Sam Querrey broke Opelka’s usually dominant serve once, and would win the set 4-2.
In the second set, Opelka would return the favor and break Querrey once while taking the set 4-2 to force a deciding set.
In the deciding set, it looked like neither player was going to budge, and the two went to a tiebreak. In the tiebreak, Sam Querrey got the best of Reilly Opelka 7-2 to win the match 4-2, 2-4, 4-3 (7-2).
Altec Styslinger Exhibition Consolation Recap
Alongside the semifinals happening on Tuesday, the players that lost on Monday had the chance to play in a consolation tournament.
In a match between Americans Mackenzie McDonald and Steve Johnson, McDonald got the better of Johnson often. He would win the match 4-0, 4-2.
The other consolation match was one of the closest of the tournament so far. It was between JC Aragone and Hubert Hurkacz.
Hurkacz would come out strong and win the first set 4-0, but Aragone fought back and won the second set 4-2. In the end, Hurkacz would win in a tiebreak to take the match, 4-0, 2-4, 4-3 (7-2).
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 180 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- THIEMS7 Day 3 RecapDay 3 of the THIEMS7 Tennis Tournament saw the final semifinalists qualify, a quality match between Andrey Rublev and Casper Ruud, and some more amazing tennis.
- WTA Revises Rankings + Adds 2 EventsMuch like the ATP recently did, the WTA has announced a new ranking system and added two additional events to their provisional schedule.
- THIEMS7 Day 2 RecapDay 2 of the THIEMS7 Tennis Tournament saw players begin to qualify for the semifinals, some great matches, and a highly-anticipated match between Dominic Thiem and Andrey Rublev.
- THIEMS7 Day 1 RecapDay 1 of THIEMS7 Tennis Tournament started off with an amazing three-set match, had some great play from Dominic Thiem, and ended with two well-played matches.
- ATP Announces Rankings RevisionsOn Monday, the ATP announced that their rankings will be determined off of the past 22 months instead of the past 52 weeks.