If you missed out on the Days 1 – 3 Recap, make sure to check out the article below and then come back and read this one!
Charleston Open Day 4 Recap
Day 4 of the Charleston Open had some great matches between great players and some dominating victories from others.
Amanda Anisimova played a very special match against Caroline Dolehide that was one of the best of the tournament so far.
Charleston Open Day 4 Results
Ajla Tomljanovic vs. Monica Puig
The first set of Ajla Tomljanovic’s match against Monica Puig was a tight one, but after breaking Puig twice, Tomljanovic would take the set 7-5.
In the second set, Tomljanovic didn’t give Puig as much of a chance, defeating her 6-2 to win the match 7-5, 6-2.
Caroline Dolehide vs. Amanda Anisimova
In the opening set, the underdog, Caroline Dolehide broke Amanda Anisimova three times to steal the first set 7-5.
However, Anisimova wasn’t just going to roll-over and die, she would respond by breaking Dolehide three times in the next set and take the set 7-5 to level the match.
In the tiebreak, it was all Amanda Anisimova as she cruised to a 10-2 win and took the match 5-7, 7-5, 10-2.
Danielle Collins vs. Victoria Azarenka
Danielle Collins had no mercy on Victoria Azarenka today. In the first set of their match, Collins only allowed Azarenka to win one game on her way to taking the set 6-1.
In the second set, Collins held on in a tight race to the finish to take the set 7-5 and win the match 6-1, 7-5.
Eugenie Bouchard vs. Sloane Stephens
Despite Eugenie Bouchard breaking Sloane Stephen’s serve to start the match, Stephens would fight back and break Bouchard’s serve twice in the first set to take the set 6-3.
In the second set, Stephens and Bouchard would go back-and-forth before the two finally battled to 6-all to take the set to a tiebreak.
In the tiebreak, Stephens won 9-7 to win the match 6-3, 7-6 (9-7).
Emma Navarro / Jennifer Brady vs. Shelby Rogers / Alison Riske
In the lone doubles match of the day, Jennifer Brady and Emma Navarro pounced on Shelby Rogers and Alison Riske early and often.
In the opening set, the two would defeat Rogers and Riske 6-2 and follow this by taking the second set 6-3 to take the match 6-2, 6-3.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 180 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!
- THIEMS7 Day 3 RecapDay 3 of the THIEMS7 Tennis Tournament saw the final semifinalists qualify, a quality match between Andrey Rublev and Casper Ruud, and some more amazing tennis.
- WTA Revises Rankings + Adds 2 EventsMuch like the ATP recently did, the WTA has announced a new ranking system and added two additional events to their provisional schedule.
- THIEMS7 Day 2 RecapDay 2 of the THIEMS7 Tennis Tournament saw players begin to qualify for the semifinals, some great matches, and a highly-anticipated match between Dominic Thiem and Andrey Rublev.
- THIEMS7 Day 1 RecapDay 1 of THIEMS7 Tennis Tournament started off with an amazing three-set match, had some great play from Dominic Thiem, and ended with two well-played matches.
- ATP Announces Rankings RevisionsOn Monday, the ATP announced that their rankings will be determined off of the past 22 months instead of the past 52 weeks.