Here are the standings heading into Day 3 of the Ultimate Tennis Showdown:
UTS Day 3 Recap
Day 3 of the Ultimate Tennis Showdown was exciting. We got to see Benoit Paire defeat fellow Frenchman Corentin Moutet, David Goffin catch fire, and more.
This is not a tournament you want to miss and with rumors about a women’s version coming at some point, it could be here to stay.
UTS Day 3 Results
Corentin Moutet vs. Benoit Paire
In his first match as a part of the Ultimate Tennis Showdown, Corentin Moutet, Lucas Pouille’s replacement, would win the first quarter against Benoit Paire 17-11.
But, that would pretty much be the only success Moutet would see against Paire as Benoit won the next three quarters 17-12, 15-14, 15-13. This would give Benoit Paire the 11-17, 17-12, 15-14, 15-13 victory.
Alexei Popyrin vs. David Goffin
David Goffin looked unstoppable against the second-place Alexei Popyrin in his match today. Goffin would win the first three quarters 20-9, 21-6, 13-11 without even allowing Popyrin to breathe.
Goffin would win the fourth quarter 15-10 to win the match 20-9, 21-6, 13-11, 15-10. This made for the first ever 4-0 win of the league.
Dustin Brown vs. Stefanos Tsitsipas
In a highly anticipated match, Dustin Brown got the better of Stefanos Tsitsipas in the first quarter of their match 14-12. Tsitsipas would answer by winning the second quarter 18-13 to tie the match at one.
Stefanos would take over from there, winning the match 12-14, 18-13, 16-11, 15-10.
Feliciano Lopez vs. Matteo Berrettini
In the first night match of the day, Feliciano Lopez shocked everyone by taking the first quarter from Matteo Berrettini 14-12. Lopez wasn’t done yet though, and he would take the second quarter as well, 14-8.
In the third quarter, Lopez secured the match by defeating Berrettini 12-11. In the inconsequential fourth quarter, Lopez won 16-13 to take the match 14-12, 14-8, 12-11, 16-13.
Dominic Thiem vs. Richard Gasquet
In the first quarter of the premiere match, Richard Gasquet took a quick one quarter lead over the superstar, Dominic Thiem, by taking the first quarter 16-10.
In the second quarter, Gasquet once again got the better of Thiem by beating him 15-12. Richard Gasquet would secure his victory by winning the third quarter 16-12.
After some back-and-forth in the fourth quarter, Dominic Thiem came out on top 17-14 but it would be Richard Gasquet winning the match 16-10, 15-12, 16-12, 14-17.
If you’d like more information on the tournament make sure to check out their official website.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 170 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). Thanks for your support in this way!Serena Williams Teaches Tennis – $180.00
- THIEMS7 Day 3 RecapDay 3 of the THIEMS7 Tennis Tournament saw the final semifinalists qualify, a quality match between Andrey Rublev and Casper Ruud, and some more amazing tennis.
- WTA Revises Rankings + Adds 2 EventsMuch like the ATP recently did, the WTA has announced a new ranking system and added two additional events to their provisional schedule.
- THIEMS7 Day 2 RecapDay 2 of the THIEMS7 Tennis Tournament saw players begin to qualify for the semifinals, some great matches, and a highly-anticipated match between Dominic Thiem and Andrey Rublev.
- THIEMS7 Day 1 RecapDay 1 of THIEMS7 Tennis Tournament started off with an amazing three-set match, had some great play from Dominic Thiem, and ended with two well-played matches.
- ATP Announces Rankings RevisionsOn Monday, the ATP announced that their rankings will be determined off of the past 22 months instead of the past 52 weeks.