On Tuesday, May 26th, World TeamTennis announced that they plan to allow up to 500 fans in attendance during their outdoor matches.
Recently, World TeamTennis made the decision to host their entire three-week season from July 12th to August 2nd in West Virginia to avoid travel. The matches will take place at The Greenbriar in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.
If WTT does officially decide to allow fans, they plan to sell tickets for approximately ⅙ of the 3,000-seat outdoor stadiums. But, if the weather does not decide to cooperate, they do have an indoor court ready to be played on with no spectators.
Additionally, they increased the amount of total prize money to $5 million in comparison to last year’s $1.5 million to help support players. And, since WTT is not associated with either the ATP or WTA tours, they have the right to make these decisions.
At this point, Australian Open champion Sofia Kenin, US Open champion Sloane Stephens, and legendary doubles partners the Bryan Brothers are set to play in West Virginia.
Carlos Silva, the World TeamTennis CEO, has been monitoring other sports events to help him make a final decision on whether or not spectators will be allowed. Hopefully, an official decision will be released soon.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 150 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Shop For Tennis Products On Amazon To Support Us!
- Wilson 75-ball Hopper
- 50th Anniversary US Open Book
- Open by Andre Agassi
- Wilson Pro Overgrip 12-Pack
- Wilson EZ Net (10 ft)
- The Big Book of TENNIS Facts: For Kids and Adults
- Tennis Magazine
- Zepp Tennis Swing Analyzer
- Tennis 2020 Wall Calendar: The Official US Open Calendar
- AO International Tennis (PS4)
- WTA Italian Open Semifinals: No. 1 & No. 2 Into Finals
- Novak Djokovic & Diego Schwartzman To Battle For 2020 Italian Open Title
- WTA Italian Open Quarterfinals: Pliskova Continues Title Defense
- ATP Italian Open Quarterfinals: Schwartzman Upsets Nadal
- WTA Italian Open Rd. of 16: Putintseva Upsets Rybakina, Halep Into Quarterfinals, & More