After being charged with “violence against a family member committed in the presence of a minor”, Nikoloz Basilashvili could face up to three years in prison in his home country of Georgia.
On Friday, Basilashvili was arrested after his wife, Neka Dorokashvili, reported that she was physically assaulted by her ex-husband Nikoloz. According to the allegations, their five-year-old son Lukas was in their presence.
Nikoloz denies this allegation and was released from jail after posting bail for 100,000 Georgian Lari ($31,397). We are yet to hear when his hearing will be, but Basilashvili could face up to three year in jail.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 140 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Shop For Tennis Products On Amazon To Support Us!
- Wilson 75-ball Hopper
- 50th Anniversary US Open Book
- Open by Andre Agassi
- Wilson Pro Overgrip 12-Pack
- Wilson EZ Net (10 ft)
- The Big Book of TENNIS Facts: For Kids and Adults
- Tennis Magazine
- Zepp Tennis Swing Analyzer
- Tennis 2020 Wall Calendar: The Official US Open Calendar
- AO International Tennis (PS4)
- Hamburg Open Rd. of 16: Lucky Loser Bublik Defeats Auger-Aliassime
- Hamburg Open Day 2: Khachanov Outlasts Struff, Hanfmann Upsets Monfils, & More
- Hamburg Open Day 1: Qualifiers Dominate
- Novak Djokovic Wins Record 36th Masters 1000 Trophy, 2020 Italian Open Championship
- Simona Halep Wins 2020 Italian Open