According to Jimmy Arias, former tennis player and friend of Nick Bollettieri, Bollettieri was taken to the hospital after collapsing during a teaching session.
The 88-year-old Bollettieri has spent nearly his entire life coaching top tennis talents at his academy, including players like: Andre Agassi, Jim courier, Monica Seles, and many more.
According to Arias, Bollettieri is in good spirits, however is not one that enjoys hospital visits or needles.
“I talked to him last night and he was in pretty good spirits except he’s a guy that’s never gone to a doctor, he refuses to go to a doctor,” said Arias.
“He’s now feeling better, he got an IV. He had some sort of an infection that has caused problems for his kidneys but he’s in the hospital one more day. I think he’s going to be fine.”
Here at The Tennis Advocate, we are all wishing Nick a speedy and healthy recovery and we look forward to seeing him back to doing what he loves soon.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Join over 135 people who receive post notifications & weekly tennis updates.
Shop For Tennis Products On Amazon To Support Us!
- Wilson 75-ball Hopper
- 50th Anniversary US Open Book
- Open by Andre Agassi
- Wilson Pro Overgrip 12-Pack
- Wilson EZ Net (10 ft)
- The Big Book of TENNIS Facts: For Kids and Adults
- Tennis Magazine
- Zepp Tennis Swing Analyzer
- Tennis 2020 Wall Calendar: The Official US Open Calendar
- AO International Tennis (PS4)
- WTA Italian Open Semifinals: No. 1 & No. 2 Into Finals
- Novak Djokovic & Diego Schwartzman To Battle For 2020 Italian Open Title
- WTA Italian Open Quarterfinals: Pliskova Continues Title Defense
- ATP Italian Open Quarterfinals: Schwartzman Upsets Nadal
- WTA Italian Open Rd. of 16: Putintseva Upsets Rybakina, Halep Into Quarterfinals, & More